Nov 16, 2008 Tech Tips
This will show how to solve the MTP Media Player prompt up on the new USB devices, which disallow you from browsing the devices content using Windows Explorer. I will show you the fastest way to disable the MTP Media Player, without hurting anything and you could also enable MTP Media Player later as well.
This is the latest gadget i bought myself, the new Sony Walkman NWZ-B135F. Comparing to the previous model, NWD-B105F/B in term of the functionality it has added the Bass option, and it need only shorter recharge time and longer playback time.
Continuous Playback Time
NWZ-B135F/L – Approx. 16 hrs
NWD-B105F/B - Approx 12 hrs
The main purpose of the protocol is to transfer media files and associated metadata to/from devices, with optional additional support for remote control of the device, reading and setting of device parameters
Here will be the quickest way to disable the ignoring MTP Media Player.
1. Right click on My Computer -> select Manage
2. Go under System Tools -> Device Manager
3. Look for your portable device, for this case it is under Windows Portable Devices -> Walkman
4. Right click on Walkman, select Update Driver
5. Select “Install from a list of specific location (Advanced)“
6. Click on “Next” button to continue
7. Select the option “Don’t search, I will choose the driver to install“
8. Click on the Next button
9. Choose the USB Mass Storage Device and click on Next button and finish the process.
10. Finally, you will be able to usee the USB device in your my computer.
If you have question, or a better way of disabling the MTP Media Player, just drop me a comment below. Cheers.
If you wish you can make donation to me – donations via Paypal
Save my email im@[my Name/my Domain Name].com and you contact me need any help or you can subscribe to my RSS to get updated instantly.